Flow’s lineage is almost as long as the history of modern dentistry. Harry Wolf founded the company as Wolf X-ray in 1931. At the time its dental product portfolio was limited primarily to x-ray mounts and viewboxes. Over the years, the company expanded its service to dental professionals, increasing its manufacturing capabilities to include a wide array of high-quality, competitively priced imaging products.
In the mid 1970’s, under the second generation of Wolf family ownership, the original company split into two entities: Wolf X-ray for the medical market and Flow X-ray for the dental market.
With its new focus on dentistry, Flow again expanded its product line to include dental x-ray film in paper packets. In the 1980’s, the company developed a soft, flexible vinyl packet x-ray film that quickly became the second best selling film sold in the United States. Panoramic films, film positioners (including the popular RAPD system), lead protective aprons, and many more essential products later joined the Flow catalog.